This event is over. See upcoming events
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM (UTC+5.5)
Event Type: Weekly
Sanatana Hindu Dharma – Vision, Values and a way of life
Aarsha Vidya Varshini is pleased to announce a free short-term online course on ‘Sanatana Hindu Dharma – Vision, Values and a way of life’ – which focuses on teenagers and young adults brought up in Modern cultural environments, who want to understand the relevance and meaningfulness of Hindu religious and cultural practices and ritual forms.
The following topics will be covered in interactive online sessions
1. When Hinduism is described as a way of life, what is implied by it?
2. What is the vision on which this way of life is based? Why are my parents insisting on apparently meaningless rituals and beliefs?
3. Are the Vedas Scientific and how are rituals relevant in modern scientific ecosystem?
4. Is there a God or a creator of this world? If so, what is the nature of this creator? Is He / She sitting in heaven? Why should we worship such a creator? Rather should we bother about these archaic beliefs?
5. If there is indeed God, Is there one God or many Gods? Why is Hinduism having so many Gods? What is Ishta Devata?
6. Why should religion teach us do’s and don’ts? What is the value of a value?
7. What is success in life?
8. Why and how do we have to pray?
9. What is Yoga and what is Yoga of attitude?
10. What meaningful practices can I have in my daily regimen and how do they help me?
11. What is japa? Is it related to meditation? Why should I do japa? How to do japa and meditation?
12. What is the significance of puja as a ritual in modern lifestyle? Is the idol going to reward the one who is praying? How to do Puja to one’s Ishta Devata?
The sessions will be in English conducted by qualified teachers who have spent numerous years across both Indian and Western countries and also done decades of research on ancient texts, Hindu culture and civilization.
All the sessions are free and will be conducted online on Zoom Platform in English. The classes start on August 15 and will be held every Saturday and Sunday for eight weeks.
Those who wish to join the classes can send us a Whatsapp message at +919710946652.